Annual Meeting and Conference
Annual Meeting and Conference
GPHA’s 88th Annual Meeting & Conference brings together more than 500 students, researchers, and practitioners from across Georgia to network and share experiences. Join us in downtown Atlanta for the state’s largest public health gathering.
April 11-12, 2017
Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel
265 Peachtree Center Avenue, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Be Social! Follow the conference on Facebook and Twitter:
Registration and Housing are now open!
Click here to download conference registration form
Online registration coming soon!
Reservations Toll Free: 1-866-469-5475
Reservations Local Phone: 1-404-521-0000
Become an important part of GPHA 2017
Here are 4 ways:
1. Become a Sponsor
Play an important role in the creation of GPHA2017 and maximize your exposure during the Annual Meeting & Conference.
Sponsorship Has Its Benefits
We offer many different levels of sponsorship, so no matter your budget we have a sponsorship package that is right for you, and offers you many benefits, such as:
- Conference registration
- Exhibit space
- Recognition during the conference
- Option to place promotional materials in welcome bags
2. Become an Exhibitor
Connect with public health leaders and professionals at GPHA2017. Be a part of the biggest public health event in Georgia! Click here for the 2017 Exhibitor Prospectus.
Exhibitor Access: 5 Reasons to Exhibit at GPHA
- More bang for your buck. Exhibiting at GPHA is a cost-effective way to promote your company or organization.
- Reach decision makers. Conference planners will assist in scheduling one-on-one time for you with public health “decision makers.”
- Face time. You will network with more than 500 public health researchers, practitioners, and students in two days.
- Location, location, location. The Marriott Marquis is a great downtown Atlanta location; the GPHA exhibit hall will be located in a prime location in the hotel. Each attendee will pass your exhibit several times each day.
- We feed you. Your exhibit prospectus contains a complete package, including all conference meals and break beverages.
3. Become a Peer Reviewer
Ensure the scientific merit of abstract submissions for GPHA2017 posters and workshops by becoming a peer-reviewer.
Call for Abstract Reviewers
The Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association (jGPHA) will oversee the submission and peer review processes for conference poster and workshop abstracts. If accepted, abstracts will be published in the jGPHA Conference Proceedings (Summer, 2017). Interested in becoming a peer reviewer? Please click on the link below to register:
4. Become a Giver
Give the Gift of Membership
Did you know you can give a GPHA membership as a gift? Any GPHA member may gift a membership to a non-member for the first year for $35.
Gift memberships must come from an individual and not from an agency, association or other organization. A Gift membership may not be utilized as part of the registration fee for participation in the GPHA Annual Meeting and Conference. The Gift membership to the individual will be a one-time opportunity. In subsequent years the individual will be invoiced for the standard General member fee.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have questions about the annual meeting? Contact:
Sponsorship: Vice President & Conference Chair, Colin Smith
Exhibits: Exhibit Chair, Christy Sims
Membership and Registration: Executive Services Provider, Regina Abbott
Peer Reviewers: jGPHA Editor, Selina Smith