The 2022 Legislative Session of the Georgia General Assembly has ended.
Throughout the legislative session, our liaison Scott Maxwell provided a weekly report on bills and any other legislative activity related to public health.
Review the weekly updates from the 2022 legislative session below:
- Report 1: Week ending Jan. 14
- Report 2: Week ending Jan. 21
- Report 3: Week ending Jan. 28
- Report 4: Week ending Feb. 4
- Report 5: Week ending Feb. 11
- Report 6: Week ending Feb. 18
- Report 7: Week ending Feb. 25
- Report 8: Week ending Mar. 4
- Report 9: Week ending Mar. 11
- Report 10: Week ending Mar. 18
- Report 11: Week ending Mar. 25
- Report 12: Week ending Apr. 1
- Report 13: Adjournment Sine Die Edition, Apr. 4
Looking for a recap of previous legislative sessions? Click here to view an archive of legislative reports for 2018 – 2021.
2022 Policy Positions
- Funding: Maintaining sufficient funding for county health departments through the Grants-to-Counties formula.
- Workforce: Salary enhancements to promote recruitment, retention, and succession efforts for public health staff.
- Financial incentives for primary care professionals to practice in Georgia, especially in rural areas.
- Opposition to legislation that weaken public health laws, i.e. food safety.
- Support of legislation to revise and strengthen the Smoke Free Air Act and childhood lead poisoning prevention laws.