Save the date for our 2023 Conference!
Make plans to join us May 3-5, 2023, for the 93rd Annual GPHA Meeting and Conference on beautiful Jekyll Island!
Call for Abstracts!
Share your unique knowledge and expertise with public health peers during our GPHA Annual Meeting and Conference.
The GPHA Conference Planning Committee is now accepting abstracts for oral presentations and scientific posters. An abstract submission is required regardless of the presentation format or learning method.
All abstracts must be submitted through the Digital Commons portal by November 30, 2022.
Thanks to everyone who attended the 2022 GPHA Annual Meeting and Conference!
Some of public health’s most passionate advocates were recognized at the conference during the presentation of section awards and the Sellers-McCroan Award.
Click any link below to learn more about the award recipient. Congratulations to all of these public health champions!
- Sellers-McCroan Award: Dr. Mark Elam
- GPHA Legislator of the Year: Butch Parrish
- Fred Agel Governance Award: Dr. Ramona Jackson Jones
- GPHA President’s Special Recognition Award: Cathalene Teahan
- Administration Outstanding Service Award: Erica Shaw
- Applied Epidemiologist of the Year Award: Hope Dishman
- Stancliff Boone Communicable Disease Specialist Award: Cyrus Shirley
- Maggie Kline Nursing Award: Damaris Landaverde
- Lillian D. Wald Public Health Nursing Award: Joycelyn Warren
- Ruth B. Freeman Nursing Award for Population Health Practice: Elisha Curry
- Barfield Nursing Award: Anna “Ginny” Powell
- Georgia Dental Award of Merit: Debra Smith
- Jules S. Terry Memorial Award: Karen Ebey-Tessendorf
- Al Dohany Community Service Award: Sedessie Spivey
- Larry W. Miller Health Information Specialist of the Year Award: Zynith Robinson
- Environmental Health Specialist of the Year Award: Chris Hutcheson
- Environmental Health Innovations Award: Richard Craft
- J. Patrick O’Neal Safety and Health Preparedness Award: Catina Lumpkin
- 2022 GPHA Honorary Member: David Harvey
APHA Accreditation Statements
Medicine (CME) Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the American Public Health Association (APHA) and the Georgia Public Health Association. The APHA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: The APHA designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s)™.
Nursing (CNE) Accreditation Statement
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Public Health Association’s Public Health Nursing Section (APHA/PHN), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Health Education (CHES) Statement
Sponsored by the American Public Health Association (APHA), a designated approver of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®) to receive up to 8 total Category I continuing education contact hours.