Registration Open for the 89th Annual GPHA Meeting and Conference
April 4-6, 2018
Jekyll Island, GA
View Preliminary Agenda and More:
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
- 9:00 – 4:30 P-C Workshop #1 Program Planning Basics: Turning Good Ideas Into Effective Programs (RIVPHTC) Download Workshop Flyer
- WORKSHOP FULL
9:00 – 4:30 P-C Workshop #2 Increasing Leadership Skills through Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence (RIVPHTC)
- WORKSHOP FULL
8:30 – 5:00 P-C Workshop #3 Packaging & Shipping Division 6.2 Materials (GA DPH Lab)
- 8:30 – 5:00 P-C Workshop #4 Environmental Health Specialist Advanced Training on On-site Sewage Management Systems (EH) Download Workshop Flyer
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- 8:00 – 12:00 P-C Workshop #5 Environmental Health Specialist Training on Assessing & Permitting Mobile Food Service Units in Georgia (EH) Download Workshop Flyer
- WORKSHOP FULL
8:00 – 12:00 P-C Workshop #6 Mobilizing Communities to Engage in Policy Change to Improve Health Outcomes (GA SOPHE)
We’re out to prove that fitness CAN be fun! We have a whole TREASURE TROVE of healthy, family-friendly activities planned during our conference on Jekyll Island.
Get ready for:
- An 18-hole golf scramble and Golf “Funament”
- APHA 1 Billion Steps Challenge
- Pirate Booty Buster Fun Run/Walk
- GPHA Scavenger Hunt
If you weren’t able to take advantage of the GPHA room block at one of the conference hotels, there are several other hotel options on Jekyll Island, including:
- Villas By the Sea
- Holiday Inn Jekyll Island
- BeachView Club Hotel
- Jekyll Island Club Resort
- Quality Inn & Suites
There are off-island options as well, including:
- Courtyard Marriott (580 Millennium Blvd-Brunswick)
- Holiday Inn (138 Glynco Pkwy-Brunswick)
Saint Simons Island
- The Inn at Sea Island (100 Salt Marsh Dr)- Note: not located on Sea Island
- Hampton Inn (2204 Demere Rd)
- St. Simons Inn and The Lighthouse (609 Beachview)
- Ocean Inn and Suites (599 Beachview)
- Sea Gate Inn (1015 Beachview)
- King and Prince (201 Arnold) – Note: facility’s food service dining (Echo) is accommodating to groups/conferences/reserved dining.
Local/Occupancy Tax (5%)
Exemption from the local/occupancy tax requires a completed Georgia Motel Tax Exemption form that may be submitted at any time before check-in, but no later than check-in. Click here to download the Georgia Motel Tax Exemption form.
State/Sales Tax Exemption (7%)
Exemption from state sales tax requires a completed Georgia Department of Revenue form that may be submitted at any time before check-in, but no later than check-in. The form (ST-5) is also available on the Department of Revenue website. The reservation must be paid directly with government funds by government check or government credit card. Click here to download the Georgia Department of Revenue Sales Tax Exemption form.
Cancellation Refund Policy
- Cancellations made on or before March 1, 2018 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made after March 1, 2018 will receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee.
- No shows will not receive a refund.
- Registration substitutions are allowed at any time with written notice (price may vary based on GPHA member status).
- Hotel room cancellations are subject to the hotel policy and are the responsibility of the attendee.
Thank you Sponsors!
Bronze PLUS Sponsor
Bronze Elite Sponsors
Silver PLUS Sponsor
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have questions about the annual meeting? Contact:
Registration or Hotel: Executive Services Provider, Regina Abbott
Sponsorship: Vice President & Conference Chair, Lawton Davis
Exhibits: Exhibit Chair, Christy Sims
Abstracts or Poster Contest: jGPHA Associate Editor, Betty Dixon