What’s your vision for a healthier Georgia?
Join colleagues from around the state as we work to build healthier communities in 2020 and beyond.
91st Annual GPHA Meeting and Conference
2020: Vision for a Healthier Georgia
May 6th–8th, 2020
Jekyll Island Convention Center
Conference registration is now open. Register now for early bird discounts!
Save up to $60 on registration if you register before March 31, 2020.
Hotel Information and Reservation Links
Enjoy the convenience of staying on beautiful Jekyll Island and take advantage of group discounts by booking a room in one of our conference hotels.
The Westin Jekyll Island
This oceanfront resort is the closest hotel to the conference center, and within easy walking distance. GPHA rates are available for stays between Sunday, May 3rd and Sunday, May 10th.
The conference room rate is $189-$239 per night. Click the button below to book your room at the discounted conference rate by March 3, 2020.
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
This beachside hotel is one mile from the conference center and a short walk from the beach via a boardwalk through the maritime forest.
The conference room rate is $179-$209 per night.
GPHA Award Nominations Due January 16, 2020
Recognize a Colleague for a Job Well Done!
The GPHA Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the GPHA Section Awards and Sellers-McCroan Award, to be presented at our annual meeting in May 2020. The deadline for nomination submission is Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5 pm. There will be NO deadline extension.
Exhibitors: Join Us on Jekyll Island!
The 2020 Annual Meeting & Conference unites public health professionals, students, and speakers around their shared passion and dedication to the field of public health. This diverse group makes this conference the perfect opportunity for your organization to demonstrate its interest and alignments with the issues facing public health today.
The 2020 Meeting will include the following features:
- Exhibit Hall with corporate and non-profit vendors, Silent Auction and Posters
- Over 450 public health professionals expected in attendance
- 42 accredited educational breakout sessions focusing on: Management for Public Health Professionals; Policy, Advocacy & Local Government; Leadership & Professional Development; Current Priorities in Public Health; Research and Evidence-based Practice
- Two awards luncheons
- Breakfast and breaks located in Exhibit Hall
- Exhibit Hall open during GPHA President’s Reception
- Networking time with attendees from beginning of conference until the end of conference
- Exhibit badge includes access to all plenary and breakout sessions, meals, breaks and reception
Get your application with payment in quickly to assure your space. For more details and to register, click the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have questions about the annual meeting? Contact:
Registration: Patrina Bowles
Hotel: Tony Clark
Sponsorship: Vice President & Conference Chair, Saroyi Morris
Exhibits: Exhibit Chair, Christy Sims
Abstracts or Poster Contest: jGPHA Associate Editor, Cindi Hart