Why Join GPHA?
GPHA is an association of individuals and organizations working to improve the public’s health. It promotes the scientific and professional foundation of public health practice and policy, advocates for the conditions for people to achieve their maximum health, emphasizes prevention and supports endeavors that protect and promote the health of the people of Georgia.
Give the Gift of Membership!
Did you know you can give a GPHA membership as a gift? Any GPHA member may “gift” a membership to a non-member for the first year for $35. “Gift” memberships must come from an individual and not from an agency, association or other organization.
A “Gift” membership may not be utilized as part of the registration fee for participation in the GPHA Annual Meeting and Conference.
The “Gift” membership to the individual will be a one-time opportunity. In subsequent years the individual will be invoiced for the standard “General” member fee.
The goals of GPHA are to:
- Advocate for the development of policies that positively impact the health of our communities.
- Promote excellence in public health practices that are based on national public health standards and science-based evidence.
- Strengthen, advance and support the activities and infrastructures of the organization.
- Provide membership benefits, services and opportunities that enhance core competencies and celebrate achievements.
- Access to a network of more than 1,000 public health professionals via the members-only portion of our website, with a member directory, message boards, and more!
- Continuing education programs featuring nationally recognized lecturers and speakers at the Annual Meeting & Conference and other seminars.
- Discounted registration for the Annual Meeting & Conference.
- Legislative representation that promotes the advancement of policies that positively impact the health of our communities.
- Opportunities for networking among peers through discipline-oriented Section membership groups.
- Eligibility for awards and recognition for outstanding and innovative work in Public Health.
- Scholarship opportunities for students in advanced degree programs.
Types of Membership:
- Active – Individual professional membership, includes one section affiliation $60
- Career Development – Students attending schools of public health or other health related programs within the state of Georgia and early career professionals (individuals within 3 years of completion of a degree program; includes enrollment in the Career Development Section $35
- Retiree $30
- Organization- Includes 5 individual members $290
- Board of Health – Includes all seven members of the board and automatic enrollment in the Boards of Health Section for each individual $315
Section Membership is included with each paid Active and Organization membership. Retiree Members may join a section for an additional fee of $5 per section. Additional Section Membership incurs a $5 fee per section, for all classes of members.
If you have questions, use our contact form, or call us at 404-861-8423.