The Georgia Public Health Association is proud to be the host affiliate for the 2023 APHA Annual Assembly and Conference! We hope you’ll join us in Atlanta in November.
APHA’s 2023 Annual Meeting and Expo will be held Nov. 12-15 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, bringing together thousands of public health professionals and partners to discuss the latest research, make connections and grow professionally.
Conference Theme: Creating the Healthiest Nation: Overcoming Social and Ethical Challenges
This year’s conference theme emphasizes the need to build public health capacity and address the social and ethical challenges that threaten our nation’s health. With a stronger public health infrastructure, we can expand essential prevention and health promotion efforts at the community, state and federal levels to tackle threats from communicable diseases like COVID-19 and mpox, substance misuse, climate change and health disparities.
Plan your participation
- View the online program of sessions and events.
- Learn more about APHA’s accessibility resources. Preliminary requests for American Sign Language Interpreters are due Aug. 31.
- Book your housing and travel.
Register for one of our special events! You can sign up for any of the events when you register for APHA 2023 or by logging back into your account and modifying your registration. Additional fees may apply.
- Learning Institutes – Saturday, Nov. 11 and Sunday, Nov. 12
- Women’s Leadership Institute – Saturday, Nov. 11, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Druid Hills and Olmsted Linear Park Tour – Saturday, Nov. 11, 1 – 4 p.m.
- APHA Night at the Georgia Aquarium – Monday, Nov. 13, 6:30 – 9 p.m.
- Masters in Pop(lic) Health “MPH” Trivia Night – Tuesday, Nov. 13, 7-8:30 p.m.
- APHA Public Health Awards Ceremony and Luncheon – Monday, Nov. 12, 12:30 – 2 p.m.
Additional Learning Opportunities
APHA Now, the association’s digital library of events, CE offerings and more is packed with content for those looking to hear from public health experts and earn continuing education credits. Recently added to APHA Now are articles from the American Journal of Public Health available for continuing education credits in CHES, MCHES, CME, CNE, CPH and CME for non-physicians and the recordings from our Policy Action Institute held in June.
Register now for upcoming live events
- Addressing Humans in Crisis with Location-Based Solutions – Tuesday, Aug. 22 at 2 p.m.
View recordings of our previous webinars and in-person events, some available for additional continuing education credit.