The Institute of Public Health, University of Porto in Porto, Portugal (ISPUP) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher within the scientific area of Health Services Research. ISPUP has provided the following information:
?ISPUP is devoted to create and disseminate high quality information and competitive knowledge in the broad field of public health. ISPUP promotes solid interaction among experienced researchers from complementary scientific fields and actively stimulates networking among relevant regional, national and international institutions with a dynamic exchange of clinical and population-based scientific information.
The fellow will integrate the Clinical Epidemiology and Outcomes Research Group. He/she will run a project, based on the extraction and data analysis in order to describe the patterns of use of specific medicines, namely antibiotics, during hospitalization, and quantify the impact of specific therapeutic choices on clinical outcomes and costs.
Academic and professional requirements:
- Doctoral (PhD) in Public Health Sciences, Health Services and Outcomes Research, Comparative Effectiveness, Health Economics and Management or equivalent;
- Broad understanding and autonomy in performing statistical and cost-effectiveness analysis methodologies;
- The candidates must demonstrate in the CV and during the interview the ability to implement the activity outlined above;
- Professional experience in health services research/epidemiology;
- Fluency in Portuguese at working level (B1) and ability to write and to speak English fluently documented by corresponding diploma.
- Knowledge in the field of clinical epidemiology and public health, patient safety and quality of care
- Familiarity with the International Classification of Diseases and the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification for medicines;
- Publication track record – publication as first author of 2 or more manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals with impact factor
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, or equivalent
- Interpersonal/ communication skills, including medical and scientific terminologies
CALL START AND FINISH DATES:
?22?nd March to 4th April 2016.