The Georgia Public Health Association is a non-profit corporation and is organized for the purpose of promoting the public and personal health of the citizens of Georgia. Learn More >>
Why Join GPHA?
The Georgia Public Health Association is the largest group of public health professionals in the Southeast. Becoming a GPHA member gives you access to a network of more than 1,000 other public health professionals, and opportunities for continuing education, recognition and awards, scholarships and much more. The members of GPHA are dedicated to promoting and protecting the health of Georgians, and we can achieve even more when we work together. Learn More »
Looking for a program for your next Board of Health meeting? Is your Health Department seeking national accreditation? Are you stumped by parliamentary procedures when your board meets?
Then check out our Board of Health training videos - we have answers!
2014 Legislative Priorities
• Increase the amount of Formula Grant-in-Aid dollars distributed to counties.
• Provide the hold harmless funding in the FY 2015 budget for those counties that lose under the new distribution formula adopted in the fall of 2011.
• Provide adequate funding and resources to support local public health workforce in preventing disease, promoting wellness and preparing for emergencies.
• Support the $1 per pack cigarette tax, or similar legislation that may be offered. Support increased taxes on other tobacco products as well.
• Support programs for the treatment and prevention of childhood obesity.
• Support telehealth and telemedicine programs to rural areas.
Public Health Jobs
GPHA News RSS
Georgia Ranks 38th Among All States in Health Study Dec 19 2014
A new report card detailing the health of every state has ranked Georgia 38th in the U.S. Georgia received the same rank last year, and southern states generally rank toward the bottom of the list.
Abstracts Requested for USPHS Symposium Dec 06 2014
The US Public Health Service is now accepting abstract submissions for the 50th annual USPHS Scientific and Training Symposium. The deadline for abstract submissions is December 22, 2014.
Medicaid Director Stepping Down Dec 02 2014
Georgia’s Medicaid Director Jerry Dubberly is leaving his position January 2nd. The Medicaid Director for the state of Georgia oversees services for nearly 2 million Georgians enrolled in Medicaid and PeachCare.