The Georgia Public Health Association is a non-profit corporation and is organized for the purpose of promoting the public and personal health of the citizens of Georgia. Learn More >>
Why Join GPHA?
The Georgia Public Health Association is the largest group of public health professionals in the Southeast. Becoming a GPHA member gives you access to a network of more than 1,000 other public health professionals, and opportunities for continuing education, recognition and awards, scholarships and much more. The members of GPHA are dedicated to promoting and protecting the health of Georgians, and we can achieve even more when we work together.
Did you know you can give a GPHA membership as a gift? Any GPHA member may “gift” a membership to a non-member for the first year for $35. Learn More »
2015 Legislative Priorities
Georgia Public Health Association supports:
• Hold harmless funding in the FY2016 budget for those counties that would otherwise lose General Grant-in-Aid funding under the new distribution formula adopted in 2011.
• Increasing the total amount of Formula Grant-in-Aid dollars distributed to counties.
• Adequate funding and resources to support our local public health workforce in preventing disease, promoting wellness and preparing for emergencies.
• A $1.00 per pack cigarette tax increase, or similar legislation that may be offered, including increased taxes on other tobacco products.
• Programs for the treatment and prevention of childhood obesity.
• Telehealth and telemedicine programs in rural areas.
• Programs and funding that will help stabilize and revitalize healthcare facilities and workforce in the rural areas of Georgia.
• Graduate Medical Education incentives that are designed to persuade primary care professionals to practice in Georgia and especially in rural areas of the state.
• The ongoing modernization of the Office of Vital Records.
• Capital funding that would enable the “enterprise systems modernization” at the Department of Public Health.
Looking for a program for your next Board of Health meeting? Is your Health Department seeking national accreditation? Are you stumped by parliamentary procedures when your board meets?
Then check out our Board of Health training videos - we have answers!
GPHA News RSS
Now Accepting Nominations for GPHA Awards Oct 18 2016
GPHA is now accepting award nominations for Legacy and Section Awards, as well as the distinguished Sellers-McCroan Award. Nomination forms are due Friday, Nov. 18th.
Amerigroup Georgia Launches Obstetric Incentive Program to Improve Quality Health Outcomes for Pregnant Members Oct 06 2016
More than a dozen Georgia obstetric providers are already participating in the program
Amerigroup Partners with DentaQuest to Launch Dental Home Services for Georgia Members Oct 03 2016
Dental Homes Integrate Dental, Medical and Behavioral Health Services to Facilitate More Holistic Care and Improve Health Outcomes.
GPHA Legacy and Section Awards & Sellers-McCroan Nomination Forms
One of the benefits of membership with the Georgia Public Health Association is the ability to nominate individuals or groups for the various awards GPHA bestows. Nominations are now being accepted. Click here for information and to download the award nomination forms.
Georgia Health News RSS
Your donation to GPHA contributes to the education and training of a network of more than 1,000 public health professionals and advocates. The members of GPHA are dedicated to promoting and protecting the health of Georgians, and we can achieve even more when we work together.
Upcoming Events RSS
April 11-12, 2017
Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel
APHA Annual Meeting – Oct. 29-Nov. 2
The American Public Health Association’s Annual Meeting & Exposition will be held October 29-November 2 in Denver. Registration is now open!
Resources and Grant Opportunities
We have links to some grant opportunities and research awards available to public health professionals. Visit our Resources page for more information.