The Georgia Public Health Association is a non-profit corporation and is organized for the purpose of promoting the public and personal health of the citizens of Georgia. Learn More >>
Why Join GPHA?
The Georgia Public Health Association is the largest group of public health professionals in the Southeast. Becoming a GPHA member gives you access to a network of more than 1,000 other public health professionals, and opportunities for continuing education, recognition and awards, scholarships and much more. The members of GPHA are dedicated to promoting and protecting the health of Georgians, and we can achieve even more when we work together.
Did you know you can give a GPHA membership as a gift? Any GPHA member may “gift” a membership to a non-member for the first year for $35. Learn More »
Looking for a program for your next Board of Health meeting? Is your Health Department seeking national accreditation? Are you stumped by parliamentary procedures when your board meets?
Then check out our Board of Health training videos - we have answers!
2014 Legislative Priorities
• Increase the amount of Formula Grant-in-Aid dollars distributed to counties.
• Provide the hold harmless funding in the FY 2015 budget for those counties that lose under the new distribution formula adopted in the fall of 2011.
• Provide adequate funding and resources to support local public health workforce in preventing disease, promoting wellness and preparing for emergencies.
• Support the $1 per pack cigarette tax, or similar legislation that may be offered. Support increased taxes on other tobacco products as well.
• Support programs for the treatment and prevention of childhood obesity.
• Support telehealth and telemedicine programs to rural areas.
Public Health Jobs
GPHA News RSS
Items Needed for Silent Auction Feb 25 2015
The Georgia Public Health Association invites you to donate an item(s) with a value of at least $25 to the Silent Auction that will be held during our Annual Meeting and Conference. Auction proceeds are used to fund the James W. Alley Memorial Fund.
Legislative Report for Feb. 20 Feb 24 2015
This report includes an update on the tobacco tax as well as several other bills impacting public health.
NIH Seeking Input on National Library of Medicine Feb 23 2015
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is asking people to share thoughts about the National Library of Medicine, the world’s largest biomedical library and a component of the NIH.
Georgia Health News RSS
Your donation to GPHA contributes to the education and training of a network of more than 1,000 public health professionals and advocates. The members of GPHA are dedicated to promoting and protecting the health of Georgians, and we can achieve even more when we work together.
Upcoming Events RSS
April 13-14, 2015 in Atlanta, GA
Hilton Atlanta Downtown
Registration is Open!
Resources and Grant Opportunities
We have links to some grant opportunities and research awards available to public health professionals. Visit our Resources page for more information.