The Georgia Public Health Association is offering a limited number of scholarships to students for the 88th Annual Meeting and Conference in Atlanta, Georgia on April 11-12, 2017. Scholarship recipients pay a reduced registration rate of $50. All other expenses such as travel and lodging are the responsibility of the conference participant.
Full conference registration is $165 before March 1 and $195 on or after March 1 for students. It is advised that all students applying for the scholarship defer registering for the conference until scholarship awards are announced. All scholarships must be acknowledged with the $50 discounted registration by March 6 or risk forfeiture. Students who applied but did not receive a scholarship will be offered the early registration rate through March 15 by calling the GPHA office (404-861-8423).
The deadline for applications is February 27, 2017 at 11:59PM. All scholarship applicants will be notified of scholarship decisions no later than March 3, 2017.
Each applicant must be:
- A student currently enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree in a health field (i.e. nursing, nutrition, epidemiology, medicine, or public health, etc.)
- An active member of Georgia Public Health Association in good standing. Join here now: http://www.gapha.org/why-join/
Scholarship recipients agree to:
- Attend the GPHA Annual Meeting and Conference in full April 11- April 12, 2017
- Volunteer at the conference. Volunteer activities might include introducing a concurrent session presenter, staffing a table in the conference exhibit area, or assisting with other on-site duties. Scholarship recipients will be contacted with details; and
- Attend the Student Networking Mixer during the conference.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Career Development Section of the Georgia Public Health Association: firstname.lastname@example.org