The Georgia Public Health Association is offering a limited number of scholarships to students for the 88th Annual Meeting and Conference in Atlanta, Georgia on April 11-12, 2017. Scholarship recipients pay a reduced registration rate of $50. All other expenses such as travel and lodging are the responsibility of the conference participant.
Full conference registration is $165 before March 1 and $195 on or after March 1 for students. It is advised that all students applying for the scholarship defer registering for the conference until scholarship awards are announced. All scholarships must be acknowledged with the $50 discounted registration by March 6 or risk forfeiture. Students who applied but did not receive a scholarship will be offered the early registration rate through March 15 by calling the GPHA office (404-861-8423).
The deadline for applications is February 27, 2017 at 11:59PM. All scholarship applicants will be notified of scholarship decisions no later than March 3, 2017.
Each applicant must be:
- A student currently enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree in a health field (i.e. nursing, nutrition, epidemiology, medicine, or public health, etc.)
- An active member of Georgia Public Health Association in good standing. Join here now: http://www.gapha.org/why-join/
Scholarship recipients agree to:
- Attend the GPHA Annual Meeting and Conference in full April 11- April 12, 2017
- Volunteer at the conference. Volunteer activities might include introducing a concurrent session presenter, staffing a table in the conference exhibit area, or assisting with other on-site duties. Scholarship recipients will be contacted with details; and
- Attend the Student Networking Mixer during the conference.
Click here for more information about our conference.
Click here to access the scholarship application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Career Development Section of the Georgia Public Health Association: firstname.lastname@example.org