PHWeek, a newsletter provided by the Georgia Department of Public Health, provides information on topics affecting the health of Georgia residents. The newsletter highlights the recent finding that Georgia has a 30.4% obesity rate, and the state’s War on Obesity is getting media attention. Other topics include preparing for a healthy school year, maintaining healthy babies, combating HIV and the CDC’s recent success with its Social Media Preparedness: Zombie Apocalypse campaign in May.
GPHA News & Events
- GA Supreme Court Justice Verda M. Colvin to Speak at 2024 GPHA Annual Meeting and Conference November 8, 2023
- Submit an Abstract for our 2024 Conference! October 2, 2023
- Dr. M. Daniele Fallin, Dean of Public Health at Emory University, to Speak at GPHA 2024 Conference September 5, 2023
- APHA 2023 Annual Meeting Coming to Atlanta in November August 21, 2023
- Register Now for GPHA Virtual Workshop and Meeting on September 21 August 18, 2023